I read the first story only to my son so far and it was captivating. I had a hard time to convince him we had to stop here and continue the next day.
"This is George. He lived in Africa. He was a good little monkey and always very curious." The opening is good representative to the style of sentences. They are just right for a kid of ~4 who starts to read (particularly if English is the second language).
"George thought is would be nice to have it on his own head. He picked it up and put it on".
This kind of curiosity will get George into all different sort of trouble - of course the kid enjoys the appealing of such troubles and the adventures to the good ending.
The book contains 7 different stories (as the name "complete") and they are
- Original "Curious George" (1941)
- "Curious George Takes a Job" (1947)
- "Curious George Rides a Bike" (1952)
- "Curious George Gets a Medal" (1957)
- "Curious George Flies a Kite" (1958)
- "Curious George Learns the Alphabet" (1963)
- "Curious George Goes to the Hospital" (1966).
Author/Illustrator: Hans Augusto Rey
Suitable: 4-7, Kindergarten
Size: Similar to A4, 1.5kg
Singapore: NLB (keyword: "Complete Adventures of Curious George")
Kinokuniya (S$50, Hardcover)